Monday, August 7, 2017

Crocheted Cocoon

Hello Friends,

I hope you had a relaxing weekend.  I am EXCITED because I will be getting a new niece today or tomorrow!! :D  My brother, the father to be, texted me pictures of crocheted baby items (i.e. cocoon, sandals) a while back and asked if I would make something for the baby shower.  Well, these projects were out of my "expertise," but I was willing to try one of them.  

So today I am sharing my first crocheted cocoon, a ladybug cocoon!  I used a pattern by Red Heart, however, I had to modify it several times because my cocoon turned out to be big enough for a DOLL.



 Bottom side:

Back side:

Front side:


I decided to make a beanie, also, to create a ladybug set.  :)  
(Supplies: Simply Soft Caron yarn in Harvest Red and Black, crochet hook size US H, beanie pattern by Paula Daniele)


I included the book, "Ten Little Ladybugs" as part of the gift set.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of all the items together.  

This is all for today, friends.  Take a moment to breathe deeply and have a wonderful day!

Health & Happy Crafting,
Angie
(Psm. 119:116)     

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, they look amazing!! You did a perfect job on them!! Huge congrats on your soon-to-be niece!! I hope you post pictures of her when she arrives :) Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete