Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer Memories

Hello Friends!

How are you doing? My life has been a bit hectic with orientations, meetings, appointments, mini vacations, and regular life.  So I apologize for lagging in the craft posts.  I've done a little crafting here and there, but nothing seems worthy of posting. 

So instead of a craft post, I have decided to share some pictures of a recent family trip.  I know, I know...you'd rather see some crafty stuff.  I don't blame you.  But I'm hoping these pictures won't disappoint you, even though I am NOT a professional photographer.

Well, our destination was Hearst Castle in San Simeon, Ca., but we made some time to play on the beach first.  Here is a gorgeous sunset view.  There's something about the ocean that I find soooo calming.  


I took about 200 pictures of the castle, but they don't do it justice.  The castle was built by William Randolf Hearst, and it is beyond amazing.  There are so many details in every area.  For example, the brick steps have tile designs embedded, the lamp post have engraved figures, the ceilings are decorative and on and on.

This is the beginning of our tour.  (There were SO many stairs/steps.  Great exercise, though.)


This is one side of the Grand Room, which has giant tapestries all around.  Not very good lighting, though. 

Gigantic dining hall.

Dining Hall ceiling.

Aside from the castle, there are also 3 cottages.  One cottage faces the mountains, one the ocean, and the other faces the sun.

Cottage ceiling.

There were gardens all over the grounds.


There are 2 pools on the castle grounds.  One outdoor and one indoor.  This is the indoor Roman pool.  The section at the top right is the diving area.

Ocean view from the castle.  Spectacular, right?  I could sit here all day. :)

So have you visited Hearst Castle?  What do you think of it?  If you haven't, hopefully you can add it to your bucket list (if it's your type of thing). :)

Well, dear friends, I bid you good day and I hope to be back soon with a craft post.  Thank you kindly for stopping by. :D

Happy Travels,
Angie

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what gorgeous pictures!! That place is amazing!! I am just blown away by the detail!! The ceilings are stunning!! I've never been but now I want to visit!! And any chance to get close to the ocean, I'll take it ;) Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete